What kept you awake at night during 2017?
- Integrating our CRM and Digital Environment to enhance customer engagement strategy
- Customer acquisition was imperative to drive engagement, efficiencies, and true customer-centricity. Always a work in progress.
- Balancing leadership and management demands across a large team and two countries.
What have you achieved this year?
- Development of an agile, collaborative team culture
- Execution of a new customer marketing go-to-market strategy across Australia and New Zealand
- Pursued an aggressive strategy around our A-brands with a laser-like focus on content marketing and customer insights
- Developed a comprehensive suite of brand services and solutions whilst to seamlessly optimise our marketing efforts and investment contributions
What is your marketing prediction for 2018?
Demands on CMOs will increase as a net result of having greater impact on through-the-line customer-brand satisfaction. Competition around data harvesting and integrity I expect will intensify. Anticipating customer behaviour based on insights, and leveraging these insights into the brand ecosystem will be critical to deliver a higher-retention marketing model.
Grant Steyn, Head of Customer Marketing & Innovation Ambassador – Australia & New Zealand, Bayer