Two years ago, Strativity launched a nationwide study of 30,183 employed (full or part-time) adults, in order to better understand employee engagement. The study explored the factors that played the biggest role when it came to engagement at work, along with their readiness and willingness to change and adapt.
Here are the key insights:
- Only 31 percent of employees agreed that “our company’s leaders inspire me to follow them.”
- Only 34 percent said “my direct supervisor inspires me.”
- Just 37 percent believed “this job is aligned with my career goals.”
- The same proportion, just 37 percent, could say “my direct supervisor helps me develop my skills.”
- Finally, only 38 percent felt that “I have complete ownership of the issues I deal with.”
Original excerpt is from Lior Arussy’s book, “Next Is Now,” published by Simon & Schuster.
Read the full article here.