Bureau of Meteorology, QIC – Robina Town Centre and Curtin University among major award winners at Gala Presentation Dinner, The Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Australia’s leading marketing professionals have gathered inside The Grand Hyatt Melbourne to honour the industry’s most outstanding achievements of the year at the 2017 Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) Awards for Marketing Excellence Gala Presentation Dinner.
Top honours for the Marketing Campaign of the Year went to joint winners QIC – Robina Town Centre and Bureau of Meteorology, while Curtin University took out the Marketing Team of the Year award.
Among the other special award winners, John Clay (Arup Australasia) was named the Certified Practicing Marketer of the Year, Michael Laps (Yoghurt Digital) was named the Future Leader of the Year, and marketing veteran Andrew Baxter (Publicis Worldwide Australia & New Zealand) was presented with the Sir Charles McGrath award recognising his significant career contribution to the industry, while Vanessa Lyons (AUB Group) picked up the inaugural Chief Marketing Officer of the Year award.
This year’s National Awards saw the dedicated team of expert judges assess a record number of nominations across 28 awards categories.
Lee Tonitto, CEO of AMI, said: “These awards were presented to organisations and marketers who have achieved extraordinary results from innovative and effective marketing practices. As an industry we recognised and celebrated the biggest marketing success stories of the year.”
Over the years the AMI Awards for Marketing Excellence have evolved in response to new developments in marketing theory and practice to reflect the growing appreciation of the critical role of marketing as the vital source of value creation for a business.
“While there could only be so many winners, the variety and quality of all the awards entries once again highlighted the strength of the marketing profession in Australia,” Tonitto said.
The full list of award winners:
- Special Award – Marketing Team of the Year: Curtin University Marketing Team
- Special Award – Future Leader of the Year: Michael Laps, Yoghurt Digital
- Special Award – Certified Practising Marketer of the Year: John Clay
- Special Award – Chief Marketing Officer of the Year: Vanessa Lyons
- Special Award – Sir Charles McGrath Award: Andrew Baxter
- Brand Revitalisation: Parmalat Australia – Breathing Life into the Milk
- Consumer Acquisition Marketing: Perpetual – Sails for your Second Wind
- Consumer Research Insights: AFFINITY – Prospan – Don’t Ignore a Cough
- Consumer Retention: Iron Mountain – Customer Saves Program
- Content Marketing: Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads & BCM – Protect Your P-Plater
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Gemba – Good for Cricket
- Creativity in Brand, Product, or Service Marketing: Sunny Queen & BCM –
How a Chook on a Bed Laid a +70% Sales Increase
- Customer Experience Marketing: RMIT University – Transforming
the Customer Experience
- Data Driven Marketing & Advertising: Columbus and Carat – Taking Data to the Skies
- Education: Box Hill Institute – Skill Seeker
- Experiential, Sensorial and Internal Employee Marketing: Westpac – Westpac Wardrobe
- Financial Services Marketing: Paypal Australia – Shop Off the Beaten Path
- Innovation in Product or Service: IBM – Cognitive Couture
- Integrated Marketing Communications: QIC Robina Town Centre – The Kitchens – Let’s Stir It Up
- Marketing Communications B2B and B2C: Avid Property Group – Harmony Marketing Campaign
- Not for Profit Marketing: Hockey WA – Hockey for Life
- Public Sector Marketing: Bureau of Meteorology – BOM Weather App
- Small Budget Marketing: Dragonfly Marketing – 2016 Tastings on Hastings Festival
- Social Marketing and Social Change: Motor Accident Commission – Low Level Speeding
- Social Media and Digital Marketing: Social Soup – L’Oreal La Roche Posay
- Sponsorship Marketing: Credit Union Australia – Utilising sponsorship as a channel to drive brand awareness and consideration in a cluttered market
- Tourism Marketing: The Articulate Pear – 2016 Taste Riverina Festival
- Special Award – Marketing Campaign of the Year: joint winners: Bureau of Meteorology – BOM Weather App AND QIC Robina Town Centre – The Kitchens – Let’s Stir It Up
2017 Marketing Campaign of the Year joint winners: Bureau of Meteorology – BOM Weather App AND QIC Robina Town Centre – The Kitchens – Let’s Stir It Up
If you would like to read more about the winners and their inspiring projects, flip through the 2017 AMI Awards for Marketing Excellence brochure!