As AMI members know, the tools, tactics and platforms involved in digital marketing are constantly changing. With the ability to measure virtually everything in the marketing funnel, marketing teams are constantly testing, learning, and experimenting now more than ever.
So for the second year now, we’re running a project that aims to better understand the opportunities and challenges of Australian Digital Marketers..
The ultimate objective? To help teams like yours thrive in a modern-day marketing landscape.
The research includes both qualitative and quantitative elements, the first being a public survey open to all Australian marketing professionals, followed by one-on-one interviews with select senior executives.
What the research shows
With survey results already pouring in, here’s some of the initial insights we’ve seen:
- Only 27% of survey respondents felt confident enough to interpret data into business insights. In our age of big data and “measure everything” magic — this implies that most people in most marketing teams still don’t have the skills or confidence to use that data effectively.
- Analytics and automation are the two areas that marketers are the least confident in. Most marketing teams, the data implies, are more comfortable with “right-brain” skills (storytelling, campaign ideas, and writing) and less confident with left-brained approaches (data, analytics, and systems approaches) to marketing.
I fundamentally believe that humans generally make purchasing decisions based on emotions — but delivering that emotional message to the right person at the right time is an increasingly complex (and data-driven) challenge.
We will see “technical marketing” continuing to grow exponentially in the coming years.
- Training budgets are opaque. Investing in your team’s skills is more important than ever, however the majority of survey responders didn’t know if there was budget available for training.
What does marketing look like in your organisation?
If you work in marketing – whether that’s inbound, outbound, acquisition, retention or elsewhere – we’d love to hear about what it looks like in your organisation.
What’s in it for you
If you complete the survey and leave your email address at the end, you’ll also be among the first to receive the findings, and receive an invitation to our research launch.
Plus, you’ll have the chance to win:
- A ticket to one of ntegrity’s digital marketing masterclasses,
- Or one of three $100 prepaid VISA cards.
Click here to take the survey.
It takes less than 10 minutes to complete, and all responses are kept confidential.
Leave a Reply