Welcome to the latest edition of Australian Marketing Institute newsletter.
Here’s some recent highlights:
- The NSW Sunset Series – a hot topic at the moment is about trust. With the recent Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry, the topic of how can marketers help rebuild trust was passionately discussed. Stayed tuned for snippets of this event. It was great to be part of the panel along with my peers Patrick Southam (Partner at Reputation Edge), Mike Daniels (Founder of The Behavioural Architects) and hosted by Michael Page.
- The Emerging Mentoring Marketers program has been kicking off across states with 64 volunteer mentors and 61 mentees to date. Thanks to all our volunteer mentors who support our young and emerging talent. Having been a mentor many times myself, I’ve found the experience for mentors can be just as personally rewarding as it is for mentees. To all our mentees, embrace this opportunity and make the most if it. There is not much out there like this that supports emerging professionals with no costs involved.
- The National Awards for Marketing Excellence is now closed to the public for submissions and it’s now over to our army of amazing volunteer judges, without which the awards would simply not be possible. It’s been a record number of entries, and each year proving more difficult to win one of these prestigious awards.
Here’s some upcoming highlights:
- The State and National awards programs are well underway with save-the-dates open for the State Finalist Reveal events across states. Get in early to book a spot or a table or two. A word of caution – get in early as last year the national event was sold out. The new format for the awards this year sees us holding a state finalist event prior to the national event where winners will be announced. Make sure you attend your state-based event to see the state finalists revealed and have a mingle over a glass or two of bubbles (or whatever your preference) with your marketing peers. Sure to be lots of fun and a great networking opportunity.
- Recently the Board held the annual strategy planning day with a key focus on how we can best deliver on member value and grow the voice and impact of marketing. The management team along with the Board are finalising our three-year plan to build sustainability, credibility and relevance. With a small but very passionate head office team, the hard work will be on executing on the plan, along with the critical role of state committees. Look forward to sharing more at the AGM.
- Lisa Ronson is joining the Australian Marketing Institute as our National Emerging Marketers Patron. Valuable in supporting the development of up and coming marketers, the Emerging Marketers Patron is the official representative of the 2019 AMI Emerging Marketers Mentoring Program. We are honoured to have Lisa support and promote the program and future events.
All the best and hope to see you at one of the upcoming events. Remember to make the most of your membership – there is so much on offer. If you’re not yet a member, please signup – let us support you in your career and become part of our vibrant AMI community.