After four rewarding years at the helm of AMI, I announce I will be stepping down as CEO on December 1 2018 to commence the next chapter of my career.
It has been a privilege to lead the AMI to serve our purpose to provide cutting edge marketing theory and practice to fuel progress in the careers of professional Marketers.
I have enjoyed a long association with the AMI. Starting as a NSW Councillor in 2003, I progressed to be NSW State President before being appointed to the Board in 2007. I served as Chair from 2010 to 2013 and was awarded Lifetime Member status in 2013.
A special thank you to the AMI Board; Management and 400 volunteers. Together we have strengthened the organisation and achieved a significant change in the last four years.
Combined these initiatives have put the AMI in stronger position for future growth. I’m particularly proud that we have:
Grown Membership numbers and Membership Revenue
- Both Membership numbers and Membership revenues have increased year-on-year. In 2017/18 Membership net membership grew by 374 members to 6,324. Membership revenue grew to over $1m.
- Improved Member Satisfaction through delivery of relevant new products and services
- Bound together by common interests and concerns, belonging to a Professional Association provides an ongoing flow of ideas and inspiration. 70% of members believe AMI membership is beneficial in advancing their careers.
- For 3 years in a row AMI’s NPS scores are up for both Members and Non-Members. 51% of AMI Members would recommend AMI to a friend or colleague are up 10% yoy.
- Strengthened the organisation’s financial position and governance procedures
- Year-on-year over the last 4 years AMI’s cost base has decreased
- Losses on National and State events has been stemmed
Deepened Commercial and Association Partnerships
AMI now has several multi-year partnerships and is continuing to expand its 45 partnerships with leading organisations in the marketing eco-sphere including Redback Conferencing, Hall and Partners , Icon Agency, Vision Critical, AMSRO, APPA ; The Growth Faculty and The Marketing Academy.
Strengthened the Professional Development and Certified Practising Marketer Programs
- At June 30 2018 the AMI awarded CPM to 1,725 Members representing 27% of our Membership. We have raised the profile of our CPM program and promoted the need for ongoing professional development to remain certified.
- Commencing Nov 1 2018 we will expand our certification program with the introduction of the 5 professional practice credentials through AMI Marketing Expert (AME) certification.
- By introducing professional certification, AMI has recognised the increasing specialisation in the Marketing discipline and creating a tangible badge of honour that can be recognised in the marketplace.
- A new Masterclass Program has been introduced to help experienced marketers stay relevant and to provide exclusive opportunities for members who are CPMs and Fellows.
Reactivated the Accreditation Program
- Growing from 5 to over 40 Tertiary course Accreditation and now Endorsement in the Vocational Education sector ,the key focus of the Accreditation, Endorsement or Recognition process is to provide educators with industry feedback, knowledge, and experience for curriculum development and improvement, which will ensure continued professional relevance for marketing graduates
Improved organisational culture
In recent months transition arrangements have implemented in conjunction with AMI Executives to ensure continuity and aid a smooth transition to new leadership.
In 2019 AMI will be focusing on what belonging means for members and how we as a professional association can further foster the sense of community so essential to a vibrant and growing member organisation.
CEO, Australian Marketing Institute