Fabian Marrone (CMO of the Year), TelstraSuper (Customer Retention winner) and News Corp Australia + The Heart Foundation are among major winners following the Australian Marketing Institute’s (AMI) 2019 Marketing Excellence Gala, which took place last night (16 October) at Pullman on the Park, Melbourne.
In its 38th year, the AMI Awards for Marketing Excellence celebrated and recognised the industry’s most remarkable achievements of 2019.
Each year the awards showcase brands, stories and accomplishments from innovative and effective marketing practices. The awards highlight the successes of individuals and teams who have produced insightful campaigns and innovative leadership to a high standard, which furthers the practice of marketing in Australia.
“Winning an AMI Award gives marketers the opportunity to be recognised for their contribution to the Marketing profession. Celebrating excellence in marketing is not only a privilege, it’s an honour. Congratulations to all the winners and finalists for their success!” said AMI chairperson, Lynda Cavalera.
Top honours went to WISE Employment & ntegrity (pictured)who took home three awards, Customer Acquisition, Marketing Agency of the Year and Marketing Campaign of the Year, while EY Brand, Marketing & Communications took home the coveted Marketing Team of the Year award.
Other award winners include Ric Navarro (Norman Disney & Young), who was awarded the title of Certified Practising Marketer of the Year, while Akshay Sardana (Optus) was recognised as Future Leader of the Year. Finally, Christine Holgate was presented the Sir Charles McGrath award in recognition of her contribution to the Marketing profession.
“AMI’s Awards showcase marketing excellence and provide an opportunity for Australian Marketers to grow as professionals. This year there were 16 categories, 7 special awards, over 200 entries and 120 judges who undertook the challenging task of individually reviewing and determining the winners,” said AMI General Manager, Narendra Prasad.
And the National Winners are…
Marketing Campaign of the Year
- WISE Employment – WISE Employment + ntegrity, VIC
Sir Charles McGrath Award
- Christine Holgate – Australia Post, VIC
Certified Practising Marketer of the Year
- Ric Navarro – Norman Disney & Young, VIC
Chief Marketing Officer of The Year
- Fabian Marrone – Monash University, VIC
Future Leader of The Year
- Akshay Sardana – OPTUS, NSW
Marketing Team of The Year
- EY, NSW
Marketing Agency of the Year
- ntegrity, VIC
Creativity in Brand, Product or Service Marketing
- Australia’s Worst Serial Killer – News Corp Australia + The Heart Foundation, NSW
- We value what you really make – Bank First + 10 feet Tall Agency, VIC
Customer Acquisition Marketing
- WISE Employment – WISE Employment + ntegrity, VIC
Social Change Marketing
- Australia’s Worst Serial Killer – News Corp + Australia The Heart Foundation, NSW
Integrated Marketing Communications Program
- Herbert Adams Relaunch ‘WE ARE PIE-ONEERS’ – Patties Foods Ltd, VIC
Small Budget Marketing
- Orchard Rd to Gold! T&G Global Limited – Lachlan McPherson and Friends + Seed Advertising, VIC
Customer Experience Management Strategy
- Harmony by AVID Property Group – AVID Property Group + Martins Brand House, QLD
Not for Profit Marketing
- Sleep At The ‘G 2018 – Melbourne City Mission, VIC
Public Sector Marketing
- Promise to Pause: Remembrance Day 2018 – Clemenger Brisbane + Queensland Government, QLD
Social Media Marketing
- PayPal Influencer Programme – PayPal + Edelman, NSW
- Team up with Dexus – Dexus, NSW
Market and Consumer Research Insights
- Reversing a 5-year downturn in course demand – Bastion Latitude + Deakin Univeristy, VIC
- Destination: Incentive and Business Insights – Destination Group of Companies + Professor Francis Farrelly, School of Economics, Finance and Marketing, RMIT University, VIC
Data Driven Marketing Strategy
- Winning via a Data Driven Marketing Strategy – Benetas + Next Level Online Marketing, VIC
- Super Anniversary Campaign – TelstraSuper, VIC
- The CMO Show – Filtered Media, NSW
About the AMI Awards for Marketing Excellence
Each year the AMI Awards recognise campaigns from a diverse range of companies with varying resources, innovative strategic approaches and campaigns targeted to a wide range of local and overseas audiences. Celebrating the best marketing campaigns in Australia, with more than 200 entries in 18 categories and 7 special categories, we give thanks to the 120 AMI Award Judges who assessed the merits of each entry, taking into consideration the different B2B and B2C metrics and success factors and the linkage between strategy, execution and outcomes achieved.
About Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
The Australian Marketing Institute is the requisite organisation for professional marketers and authoritative voice of Marketing in Australia.
With the largest network of marketers in Australia, the Australian Marketing Institute has been supporting progress in the careers of our members and advancing the marketing profession since 1933.
For details on the AMI, please visit: http://www.ami.org.au
For further information or any queries, please contact:
(03) 9901 5010
(03) 9907 5022