AMI Fellows and Members are given the opportunity to elect five Member Directors to the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Institute, ensuring its financial viability and managing the risk associated with the activities of the Institute. The Board is also responsible for ensuring that the AMI fulfils its legal and financial obligations.
AMI Directors are appointed by our members to act on their behalf in being responsible for AMI’s overall business performance and compliance
Watch the video to find out more about benefits of being an AMI Director for your career, required skill and future involvement.
2017 Director Elections Timeline
- 16 May | Opening of nominations for Directors
- 5 June | Close of nominations for Directors
- 13 June | Member Nominations Collated for review by Nominations Committee
- 3 July | Proposed Member candidates
- 10 July | Background checks on proposed member candidates
- 8 August | Election Date. Polls Open
- 22 August | Close of elections
- 23 August | Returning Officer declares the 5 member Elected Directors
- 1 September | Induction of new Directors commences
- 4 September | Teleconference with existing Chair and new Directors to commence the Chair election process
- 18 October | AGM. New Board effective from conclusion of AGM, Current Directors and New Directors Board Meeting. Appointment of new Chair.
If you have any questions or require further information, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02 8256 1650.