Greetings to all and a warm welcome to our new members!
I would like to start my message by thanking last year’s Deputy Chair, Kathy Hatzis, for her strategic and astute leadership. We welcome Director Lynda Cavalera to the role of Deputy Chair supporting our Board.
The Australian Marketing Institute would not be successful without the tireless efforts of the Staff, State committees, Event managers, Training partners supporters and friends of the AMI (I apologise for not being able to name all those involved).
Our passionate and highly engaged State Committees across the country hosted 2,000 guests during the Awards for Marketing Excellence Program between October and December 2016.
Thanks to their efforts, in 2017 the Australian Marketing Institute is on track to achieve its business objectives
2017 Awards for Marketing Excellence
I am pleased to share with you details of the 35th Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) 2017 Awards for Marketing Excellence . Take a look
Categories: The 31 categories for the “2017 Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) Awards for Marketing Excellence” are as follows:
6 x Special Awards:
- Sir Charles McGrath Award
- Marketer Of the Year Award
- Future Leader Award
- Marketing Team Of The Year Award
- Marketing Program Of The Year Award
- CMO of the Year
25 x Category Awards:
- Brand Revitalisation
- Consumer Acquisition Marketing
- Consumer Research Insights
- Consumer Retention
- Loyalty Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Creativity in Brand, Product or Service Marketing (new or brand extension)
- Customer Experience Marketing
- Experiential, Sensorial and Internal Employee Marketing
- Export Marketing
- Financial Services Marketing
- Innovation in Product/Service
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Communications: B2C and B2B
- Data Driven Marketing and Advertising
- Small Budget Marketing
- Mobile and Location Based Marketing
- Public Sector Marketing
- Social Marketing & Social Change
- Not for Profit Marketing
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Sponsorship Marketing
- Tourism Marketing
- 1 March | Award nominations open | Call for judges | Call for sponsors
- April | Awards webinar – Write a winning entry
- 15 May | Award nominations close
- 1 June – 7 July | Awards judging
- 8 August | Finalists Announced
- 18 October | Awards Gala Presentation Dinner – Melbourne
Voice of Customer:
For Marketers in Australia …
- 37 percent of marketers haven’t heard of Voice of the Customer (VoC) programs.
- Yet for those marketers who have, 80 percent think that VoC programs are critical to the success of their business.
What does this tell us? More work needs to be done to raise the profile of VoC Programs across marketing organisations in Australia.
Join us at 12pm (AEST), 2nd March for a webinar hosted by Andrew Thornton AMI Chair and Matt Howley, Research Director at Vision Critical. You’ll learn how you can build a customer-led marketing organisation. You’ll hear examples of how leading customer centric organisations in Australia like Australia Post, LinkedIn and Telstra have created VoC Programs that enable them to listen to, act on and measure customer feedback.
Join the webinar here:
For those Members attending the Simon Sinek event in early March we look forward to listening to your feedback.
2017 Marketing Technologies APAC Conference featuring Martech Guru Scott Brinker Editor of chiefmartec.com
Finally I am pleased to advise the dates and venues are now finalised for the 2017 Marketing Technologies APAC Conference featuring Martech Guru Scott Brinker Editor of
BRISBANE: Monday May 29th
Venue: Pullman Brisbane King George Square, Ann St and Roma St, BRISBANE CITY QLD 4000
MELBOURNE: Tuesday, May 30th
Venue: The Westin Melbourne, 205 Collins Street, MELBOURNE VIC 3000
SYDNEY: Thursday, June 1st
Venue: Shangri La Hotel, 176 Cumberland Street, THE ROCKS NSW 2000
Full Registration Fees including lunch, refreshments, workbook and a copy of Scott Brinker’s book, Hacking Marketing, is $1,160, Plus GST and Booking Fee
Registration details of exciting conference will be sent shortly.
We look forward to keeping you up to date with more exciting news in the months ahead.